Fairbury American Legion Speedway
May 19th, 2012
35 Late Models in Attendance
Fast Group Qualifiers: 25 Jason Feger 13.423, B12 Kevin Weaver 13.628, 9R Curtis Roberts 13.703, 4 Mike Mullvain 13.768
Heat 1(top 4)
- 3S Brian Shirley (3)
- 83 Scott Bull (2)
- 89 Mike Spatola (1)
- 35 Derek Chandler (5)
- 25 Jason Feger (4)
- 36 Eric Vaughan (6)
- 21K Kyle Logue (7)
- 16 Shane Allen (8)
- 77M Jay Morris (9)
Kevin Weaver - Jim Denhamer Photo
Kankakee County Speedway
May 18th, 2012
Sunoco ALMS Late Models (30)
Group Qualifying 1-lap
1. 89 Mike Spatola III - 14.905
2. 24 Ryan Unzicker - 14.403
3. 42 Terry Casey - 14.738
4. 33 Don Gordon - 20.073
5. 116 Torin Mettile - 15.436
6. 23V Ryan VanDerveen - 15.351
7. 25 Jason Feger - 14.618
8. 77M Jay Morris - 15.462
9. 12 Bill Stevenson - 16.775
10. 22 Chris Dick - 16.133
To all ALMS race teams and fans 5/15/2012
This weekend we have a 3 day weekend coming up. Hope you can all attend and if you cant please support your local track. Below is some informaton about the shows this weekend.
May 18 2012 Kankakee County Speedway Kankakee, Il.
May 19 2012 Fairbury Speedway Fairbury, Il.
May 20 2012 Lincoln Speedway Lincoln, Il.
Tire rule for all 3 races are Hoosier LM 20, LM 30 and LM 40
All 3 nights will be ALMS rules only.
Hope to see you at the races
These 3 tracks are less than 2 hours apart, so it will be close racing on and off the track.
By Brian Liskai FREMONT, Ohio – Jon Henry knew on a tight bullring like Fremont Speedway, lapped traffic would come into play. He and Curtis Roberts battled each other and heavy lapped traffic during the middle portion of the Sunoco American Late Model Series feature at “The Track That Action Built” before Henry used the high line in turn four to grab the lead on lap 16 and then survived several late race cautions to score his second career win at the track on Underground Utilities Inc. Night.
“You do what you have to do. The guys were telling me it seems like the high side was fastest. So I figured if I just calm down a little bit on the top and get through the bumps, I didn’t think anyone could pass me on the bottom. I have to thank all these fans for coming out here. This is a fun place to come race. We don’t get to race here that often. I really have to thank my Dad, John and Randy for all their help. I have to thank Rocket Chassis. This is a brand new orange front end Rocket and has two heat race wins and two wins,” said Henry beside his Fultz Fabrications backed machine.
ATTICA SPEEDWAY PARK
APRIL 27th 2012
- PRIZE MONEY INCREASE AND RESTRUCTURED RACE FORMAT FOR 2012 DREAM Ferris Commercial Mowers Involvement Enhances June 8 & 9 Marquee Late Model Event
- Mike Spatola gets Sunoco ALMS win at Winston Speedway!
- Brian Ruhlman takes Sunoco ALMS win at Moler Raceway Park
- ALMS kicks off 2012 season this weekend!
- JON HENRY HOPING TO FIND COMFORT ZONE IN SEARCH OF FIRST ELDORA ALMS WIN
- UMP National Championships for Late Models & Modifieds October 7th & 8th at Eldora Speedway!